Full List of Attorneys at PCB
Lauren E. Surdyke focuses her practice on estate planning and business transactional matters. She has particular interest in charitable planning and estate planning with complex family situations. She also assists non-profit organizations by advising boards of directors on operational matters and preparing applications for tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Ms. Surdyke graduated with honors from Saint Louis University School of Law with a Concentration in Taxation, focusing on taxation of trusts and estates. She spent two years at a large financial services firm, where she reviewed high net worth estate plans and assisted in the development of strategies to maximize wealth.
Ms. Surdyke currently resides in St. Louis with her husband, Elliot, and their three children. When she is not working, she enjoys volunteering at Best Buddies Missouri and Twin Oaks Christian School.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Trust
- Business and Corporate
- Charitable/Not For Profit
- Missouri, 2016
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D., with honors, Concentration in Taxation
- Saint Louis University Law Journal, Staff Member, 2013
- Missouri Baptist University, Saint Louis, Missouri
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) – 2012
- Honors: History Department Award (2012), President’s Scholar
- Major: History, Minor: Business Administration
Civic & Community Activities
- Best Buddies Missouri, 2016 – Present
- Twin Oaks Christian School, 2013 – Present
- International Institute, 2007 – 2010
- Missouri Baptist Children’s Home, 2016 – Present