Full List of Attorneys at PCB
Kathryn L. Dudley has practiced with the Firm since its inception in 1994. She graduated magna cum laude from Missouri State University in 1990, and received her J.D. degree from the Washington University School of Law in 1993. Ms. Dudley’s practice primarily involves domestic relations and family law matters including complex custody and financial cases. She also advises psychologists and other mental health professionals with respect to subpoenas and record-keeping. In 2008, she was named a “Rising Star” by the Missouri-Kansas Super Lawyers Publication.
Endowed with tremendous skill in trial preparation, Ms. Dudley not only does an excellent job of preparing a case for trial, but also has the trial talent to present evidence persuasively.
Ms. Dudley uses her reasonableness and common sense approach in even the most complex matters. Ms. Dudley’s qualities are particularly appreciated in St. Charles County, her home county, where she has worked to learn how that Family Court operates and what the range of expected outcomes might be. She has also been certified as a guardian ad litem.
Ms. Dudley co-authored “Form 14 – How to Calculate the Correct Presumed Child Support Amount,” published in the St. Louis Bar Journal in 2001. In addition, Ms. Dudley is the author of the chapter on Child Abuse in Domestic Cases, The Missouri Bar Family Law Continuing Legal Education Casebook (7th Edition), as well as the supplements to this chapter. She has authored various articles relative to legal issues that confront the mental health practitioner including “Subpoenas – The Mental Health Professional and Common Misperceptions”, Missouri Psychologist, June-July 1994. She has frequently lectured on family law issues and issues addressing the mental health professional.
Ms. Dudley is a past president of the Board for Lawyers for Kids and is a current board member for the St. Charles County Family Resource Center. She is a member of the Missouri Bar, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar, and the St. Charles County Bar. In the community, Ms. Dudley volunteers with the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce and is a member of the United Services Endowment Board. Ms. Dudley believes that individuals without financial resources should be represented and volunteers through Legal Services of Eastern Missouri. As a result, she is listed on the Missouri Bar Pro Bono Wall of Fame for 2013 and 2014. In the community, Ms. Dudley volunteers with the United Way as a member of an Allocations Panel and with the St. Charles Chamber of Commerce Special Events Committee. She is also a member of the Human Rights Committee for Willows Way. Ms. Dudley’s leadership skills have been recognized by the legal community and have kept her at the “top of the list” of most admired lawyers.
Having a child with special needs, Ms. Dudley understands the issues that special needs children and their parents face especially when undergoing a divorce or custody proceeding. Ms. Dudley is focused on and dedicated to making sure that these children and their parents have the support that they need and require. Ms. Dudley is married and the mother of four adorable children. Her sense of family gives her the depth of investment in a client’s case that is rare and should be valued by each client she represents.
“The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements.”
Areas of Practice
- Missouri, 1993
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 1993
- Missouri State University, Springfield, MO, USA
- B.S. (Magna Cum Laude) – 1990
- Honors: Dean’s List 1986-1990
- Major: Psychology
- “Form14 – How to Calculate the Correct Presumed Child Support Amount”, (Co-Author), St. Louis Bar Journal, 2001
- Chapter on Child Abuse in Domestic Cases, Missouri Bar Family Law CLE Deskbook and Supplements
- Subpoenas-The Mental Health Professional and Common Misperceptions , Missouri Psychologist, 1994
- Client Access to and Release of Records, Missouri Psychologist, 1994
- Confidentiality/Duty to Warn, Family Resource Center , 2007 – 2009
- Family Law in Missouri , Lorman, 2005 – Present
- Missouri Family Law Practice, NBI, 2005 – Present
- A Roadmap Through Missouri Divorce Proceedings, NBI, 2004 – Present
- Issues of Confidentiality, Documentation and Ethical, Lorman , 2001 – Present
Honors and Awards
- Listed Missouri, Kansas Super Lawyers Publication as “Rising Star”, 2008
- President, Lawyers for Kids , 2008 – Present
- Martindale Hubbell AV Rating , 2003 – Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Lawyers for Kids, Board Member, 2001 – 2009
- Lawyers for Kids, President, 2008 – 2009
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1994 – Present
- St. Louis County Bar Association, 1994 – Present
- St. Charles County Bar Association, 2007 – Present
- Missouri Bar Association, Member/Family Law Section , 1993 – Present
Past Employment Positions
- Love, Lacks & Paule, Law Clerk, 1993
- Edward C. Vancil & Associates , Law Clerk, 1991 – 1993
Pro Bono Activities
- Board member for St. Charles County Family Resource Center
- Board member for United Services Endowment Board