Allison Schreiber Lee is a seasoned trial attorney. She has been lead counsel in more than 40 jury trials and was co-lead counsel in one of the longest jury trials in the history of the City of St. Louis. Ms. Lee has also tried more than 100 non-jury trials to verdict, including representation of men and women in divorce and modification hearings. Ms. Lee focuses her practice on family law and domestic relations.
Ms. Lee is Board Certified in Family Law by the by the National Board of Trial Advocacy in Family Law.* Approximately three percent of American lawyers are board certified. At the time of her certification, there are only 24 attorneys in the state of Missouri who were certified by the NBTA, and Ms. Lee was the only one Board Certified in the area of Family Law. She is also only the second woman in Missouri to be Board Certified by the National Board of Trial Attorneys.
Ms. Lee is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. The Academy Fellows are highly skilled negotiators and litigators who represent individuals in all facets of family law. These areas include divorce, annulment, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, marital settlement agreements, child custody and visitation, business valuations, property valuations and division, alimony, child support and other family law issues. Ms. Lee has also been selected as a SuperLawyer™ in Missouri and as a SuperLawyer™ Top 50 Women Attorneys in Missouri and Kansas. Ms. Lee has also received a Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly Women’s Justice Award for Litigation.
In family law matters, Ms. Lee has extensive experience in high conflict custody and high asset property division matters. Ms. Lee has counseled clients in matters involving mental health and addiction concerns, and emotional, verbal and physical abuse issues. She represents both men and women in divorces, motions to modify child support, custody and maintenance, and in seeking and defending against Orders of Protection. Her representation of both husbands and wives allows her a distinctive understanding of what the other side is planning in litigation.
Ms. Lee’s prior employment as a child abuse prosecutor provides her with particular insight into the investigation and allegations of child abuse. She has worked with clients both to protect their children from abusers, as well as protecting the rights of those wrongfully accused of both physical and sexual abuse. Ms. Lee has assisted clients when the Department of Social Services has been called to look into charges of abuse; she has successfully guided clients through what is often a contentious and emotional experience, whether they be on the side of the accuser or the accused. This is just another example of the well-rounded experience that adds to Ms. Lee’s unique and vigorous representation of her family law clients.
In her representation of businesses and individuals, Ms. Lee has been responsible for all phases of litigation, from extensive pre-trial work through acting as lead counsel in complex trials. She has led the investigation and preparation of document-intensive multi-party products liability litigation from inception to trial. She has taken and defended depositions of a wide variety of expert and lay witnesses. She has appeared in federal and state courts throughout Missouri. Her representation of business and individuals allows Ms. Lee to provide her clients with a broad understanding of many facets of the law.
Ms. Lee has served as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Washington University School of Law where she taught Pretrial Practice and Procedure. She earned her J.D. from Washington University School of Law.
Recent Posts by Allison Schreiber Lee
What Do You Want to Do About It?
When Can I Introduce My New Girlfriend* to My Kids?
Areas of Practice
- Domestic Violence
- Hidden Assets
- High Asset Divorce
- Missouri Child Support Made Easy
- Modification of Child Custody
- Modifications of Child Support & Maintenance
- Sexual Abuse Allegations
- Missouri, 1996
- Florida, 1997
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. – 1996
- American University
- B.A. – 1993
- Presenter, Missouri Bar’s CLE, Practical Evidence for Civil Litigators: Real-World Applications, 2015
- Presenter, Missouri Bar’s CLE Basics of Family Law at the “Stepping Up & Stepping Out” conference, 2014, 2015
- Speaker, BAMSL, “Allegations of Abuse: addressing fact from fiction in family law matters,” June 2016
- Speaker, BAMSL, “Missouri’s New Shared Custody Law,” June 2017
- Mediator, Missouri Bar’s CLE, “Evidence at Trial: Everything You Do Matters, So It Should Be Genuinely Valuable and Evidentiary Rules Affecting Experts,” May 2018
Honors and Awards
- Martindale.com/ Martindale Hubbell AV rated
- 2015 National Academy of Family Law Attorneys’ TOP 10 Attorney Award for the state of Missouri
- Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyer
- 2013 Washington University School of Law International Women’s’ Day Celebration Honoree
- 2009 Missouri Lawyers’ Weekly Up and Coming Attorney
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- The Missouri Bar
- Florida Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Women’s Lawyer Association
Past Employment Positions
- Miami-Dade County State Attorney’s Office
- St. Louis Circuit Attorney’s Office, 1998 – 2002
- Lashly & Baer, P.C., Member, 2002 – 2011
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri
- Washington University School of Law, Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants Association
- Haven House St. Louis