Bruce E. Friedman
In his 27 years of practice, Bruce E. Friedman has been recognized as one of the St. Louis area's leading family law attorneys. Mr. Friedman's practice emphasizes cases involving complex financial issues including high net worth individuals, business valuations, and maintenance (spousal support). Mr. Friedman is also in great demand for the preparation of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, as well as cohabitation and domestic partnership agreements for same-sex and opposite sex, unmarried couples.
Mr. Friedman has been listed in Naifeh and Smith's The Best Lawyers in America for Family Law since 2003, and has been a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers since 2000. He has been listed annually since 2005 as a Super Lawyer in the area of Family Law in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers magazine; and by St. Louis Magazine as one of St. Louis' Top Lawyers for Family Law since 2003. He has served as President of the Missouri Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. He has also served as an Investigator for the Twenty-First Judicial Circuit Bar Committee investigating ethics complaints against attorneys.
Mr. Friedman is a frequent speaker and lecturer on a wide range of family law topics for sponsors of continuing legal education programs for lawyers such as The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, The Missouri Bar, the University of Missouri-Columbia Law School, the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar Association and the National Business Institute. He has lectured on topics such as Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, Business Valuation and Property Division in Complex and High Net Worth Dissolution Cases, Trials, Divorce Taxation, Child Custody and Child Support, and Maintenance and Spousal Support. He has also spoken on radio legal forums discussing various family law topics.
Mr. Friedman has authored and co-authored many articles for legal journals and continuing legal education handbooks, including as author, Chapter 4, Antenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, The Missouri Bar Family Law Continuing Legal Education Deskbook, 1997, Supplement 1999, Cumulative Supplement 2001, Sixth Edition 2004, Supplement 2007 and 2009; Co-Author, Chapter 8, "Family Rights and Responsibilities," for The Missouri Bar Elder Law CLE Deskbook, 2002; Co-Author "Form14 - How to Calculate the Correct Presumed Child Support Amount" St. Louis Bar Journal, 2001; Co-Author, "Maintenance and Spousal Support," St. Louis Bar Journal, 1990. He has also volunteered as an editorial reviewer of The Missouri Bar Estate Planning Continuing Legal Education Deskbook on the topic of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements.
Mr. Friedman served as a Member of the St. Louis University Law School Journal, 1990-81 and was a Staff Attorney for the Missouri Supreme Court, 1981-1983.
Mr. Friedman is a member of the Family Law Sections of The Missouri Bar, The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, the St. Louis County Bar Association, and the Illinois State Bar Association. He holds the "AV" rating of the Martindale-Hubbell Legal Directory, the highest designation an attorney can receive.
Paule, Camazine and Blumenthal is a full service Firm that benefits our family law clients by having attorneys in the Firm with particular expertise in business organizations, real estate, tax matters, corporations, immigration, intellectual property, civil litigation, and high net worth estate planning. This allows cost effective handling of complex and high net worth cases involving business valuations, business issues, real estate issues, trust and estate matters, and tax problems, unlike boutique-style Firms specializing only in family law.
Mr. Friedman is a graduate of Washington University in St. Louis and the St. Louis University School of Law. He is married and the father of three children. His colleagues view him as the go to lawyer in complex financial cases and often seek out his advice based on his many years of experience.
"The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements."
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements
- Cohabitation and Domestic Partnership Agreements
- Surrogacy Agreements
- Illinois, 1985
- Missouri, 1982
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Missouri, 1985
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri, 1985
- Saint Louis University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. - 1981
- Law Journal: St. Louis University Law School Journal, Member, 1980 - 1981
- Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri
- A.B. - 1978
- Major: Biology
- Antenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements, The Missouri Bar CLE Family Law Deskbook, Chapter 4, 2009
- Family Rights and Responsibilities, (Co-Author), The Missouri Bar CLE Elder Law Deskbook, Chapter 8, 2002
- Form14 - How to Calculate the Correct Presumed Child Support Amount, (Co-Author), St. Louis Bar Journal, 2001
- Maintenance and Spousal Support, (Co-Author), St. Louis Bar Journal, 1990
- Lecturer, The American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Lecturer, The Missouri Bar
- Lecturer, University of Missouri-Columbia Law School
- Lecturer, University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- Lecturer, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Lecturer, St. Louis County Bar Association
- Lecturer, National Business Institute
Honors and Awards
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2000 - Present
- Past President, Missouri Chapter of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, 2007 - 2008
- Naifeh and Smith, The Best Lawyers in America for Family Law, 2003 - Present
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers, 2005 - Present
- St. Louis Magazine, Top Lawyers for Family Law, 2003 - Present
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Twenty-First Judicial Circuit Bar Committee, Former Investigator
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Love, Lacks & Paule, Partner, 1990 - 1994
- Schechter & Watkins, Associate, 1985 - 1990