Full List of Attorneys at PCB
Andrew Ruben joined the Firm in August 2016 and is a highly experienced attorney with a deep understanding of a wide range of business, real estate, finance, construction, and economic development issues. He routinely provides legal, strategic, and business counsel in these areas to individual business owners, startups, for-profit and non-profit companies, senior management, and boards of directors. He has negotiated and documented a wide variety of complex commercial transactions, including all forms of real estate, development, and construction projects and agreements, commercial loans and related project finance agreements, government contracts, New Market Tax Credit investments, and other related tax credit and public incentive programs.
Mr. Ruben also has significant public and quasi-public sector experience, having served almost six years as General Counsel and Senior Vice President for Real Estate to the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership and the other entities under its umbrella, including the St. Louis County Port Authority, St. Louis Land Clearance for Redevelopment Authority, World Trade Center – St. Louis, and St. Louis County Industrial Development Authority.
Prior to his tenure with the St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, Mr. Ruben spent ten years in private practice at two of the country’s largest law firms, where he worked in the areas of corporate finance and securities, real estate development and acquisitions, general corporate law, project finance and complex commercial construction, and commercial litigation and arbitration.
Before attending law school, Andrew was a professional cellist and performed over 300 chamber music concerts around the world as a founding member and cellist of the Rackham String Quartet.
Recent Posts by Andrew Ruben
Areas of Practice
- Missouri, 2001
- Washington University School of Law, St. Louis, Missouri
- J.D. (Order of the Coif) – 2000
- Honors: Distinguished Graduate of the Class of 2000
- Captain, Jessup International Law Moot Court Team
- Executive Articles Editor, Washington University Law Quarterly
- Eastman School of Music, Rochester, New York
- Cleveland Quartet Fellowship – 1993-1994
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- M.M. with Highest Honors, 1992
- B.M. with Honors, 1990
- Significant Contributing Author – HANSEN AND LENTS, MISSOURI CORPORATION LAW & PRACTICE (5th ed.2003)
- Numerous CLE presentations for Lorman Education Services, St. Louis, MO in the area of design and construction law and dispute resolution
- Fostering Leadership Competencies, International Economic Development Council 2012 Leadership Summit, San Antonio, TX
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Missouri Bar Association, 2001 – Present
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 2001 – Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2001 – Present
Prior Related Experience
- St. Louis Economic Development Partnership, 2010-2015
Civic and Community Activities
- University City Plan Commission, 2013 to Present
- First Congregational Church of St. Louis, Treasurer and Church Council, 2013 to Present
- The Wilson School, President of the Board, 2010-2012, Board of Trustees, 2006-2012
- Professional cellist, performing regularly throughout the St. Louis region